Snow Moon



I know from my blog feed that there are many of us for whom 2015 got off to a testing start. That's not to say that January wasn't super-rich in lessons and revelations but bloody hell...

I ended 2014 in such a calm place. All ready to move, floating effortlessly like the top half of a swan, into the plans I'd made for the new year. (needle scratch across vinyl)

Not so much. In the end I got a new year that was intensely bitter-sweet but has changed my life for the better in huge ways. Only now, as the dust begins to settle, am I able to take a breath and whisper, 'Holy crap...where am I? '. My brain is still spinning.

Last evening, before the snow came, the dogs and I were in the field beneath a very nearly full moon that had a stunning halo around it. The light was beautiful, the deer barking in the woods next to us filling the air with wildness. I stood and looked at the moon, at Sister Moon, and asked,'What would happen if I just dived in? If I went full-on hedge witch* without worrying about who I would offend or amuse or inconvenience.'

She replied,'You would be home where you belong. Whatever else, you would know you were home. And you already know that to be true.'

So now I am mostly just staring at the fear. My fear. Fear of a tsunami of...what?...life force, energy, power? I feel it behind me, pushing me off balance. Yesterday I expressed it as 'stage fright' and this shows me I am probably far from alone in these feelings.

That's it. That's as far as I've got. Tonight's moonlit conversation will be interesting.

I hope the Snow Moon brings you gentle but powerful enlightenment.

x


* "A Hedge Witch is a solitary practitioner of the herbal arts - both, medicinal and spiritual. Her cupboard contains the remedy for what ails you - physical and spiritual. A Hedge Witch does not belong to a coven. She does not follow the tenets of any sect or organized religion. Her craft is her own - usually handed down to her by family and honed by her own experience and research."


**This full moon pendant is from Chilli & Lime and I love it.

18 comments:

  1. it fascinates me that we often seem to be walking a similar path...i've signed up for an herb foraging class at the end of february with a lady here in LA that has a similar background to me (chinese medicine) and she has evolved into a modern day herbalist with no specific title. so intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am loving the sound of 'no specific title'. And also a herb foraging class. The similar paths thing is remarkable!

      Delete
  2. Oh wow ... finally! Your shapeshifting almost eluded me but I've finally found you again! And as always, i marvel at the parallel journeys and discoveries and smile finding us both immersed in the full moon (my story of moon and mother shifting and turning in tempo with my own inner hormonal/psychic fluctuations) Okay, just wanting to say: I'm happy to find you, to read your words, to nod my head, to know you are over "there" and deep, deep into IT which inspires and supports me in being into my IT. (Sorry, sick child at home has me all arse upwards!) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lis! So happy to see you here! Hope Cowgirl is well again soon. x

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I'm sorry, I'm not quite sure what your opinion is. : ) x

      Delete
  4. oh, how this makes me smile. because i, like yourself, am a Questioner so it makes all manner of beautiful sense to know you talk to the moon....

    i see this all happening...i really do....it's a perfect fit, methinks.

    xoxo

    ps. it may[not] surprise you to know i was following the path of hedgewitchery some years ago...but the timing wasn't right and so it's safely tucked away for Some Day Soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wait....nooooo...not remotely surprised : ) Although I'm thinking you and I definitely fit into the more Edgewitch side of Hedgewitch. x

      Delete
  5. Yes!! I have been getting the same message lately to stand in my power, speak my truth and shine my light without apology (aka. coming out of the spiritual closet) and it scares the living daylights out of me! What will so-and-so think? What if I offend someone? What if they stop liking me? What a bunch of bullocks. I say, shine on with your witchy self! And I'll do the same ;). xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deal! It's amazing how the fear takes hold, eh? I have a good few years on you and it hasn't got a lot better! For me the worse possibility is being laughed at so I need to really sit and work with that. The world needs us to shine. x

      Delete
  6. Hedge Witch. Oh my. I want to make a painting now. Oh yes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it's your territory too, there in your brambly thicket : ) I want to see that painting. xx

      Delete
  7. Hedge Witch? Um, this is what I've always seen you as anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? It's a bit pathetic really. In conversation yesterday, a near and dear one said,'So what one big thing would you need to change in order to embrace this identity?'. My reply? 'Er................oh. Nothing really.' Ha.

      Delete
  8. I had a jolt, and a delicious shiver reading this: "You would be home where you belong...".

    Questions of this nature, (as to my path), have been swimming through me lately. And I stared up at that Leonine moon, (in my part of the world, a true Fire moon), wondering where to go next.

    I hope your conversation with Sister Moon this evening guides deeper into the heart of what you know. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did, thank you. This moon was a powerful one yes? I felt the light just sweep straight through me. I hope your wondering wandered somewhere wonderful. x

      Delete
  9. I always liked the term Hedgewitch; when I was younger, I found the best blanket phrase was Patchwork Pagan, but with age, even that doesn't sit right any more.

    I had a conversation with a Church of Ireland vicar about two and half years ago, who was instrumental in me questioning so much of what I learned when I went to study theology - and who was close to being a second father to me for many years; in short someone I trust implicitly - and he told me that he believes that we would have have far fewer issues if we stopped insisting on what God is, and what labels we attribute to him/her/it. I feel the same way about naming any sort of spiritual path generally, I find. It's comforting to give things names, but we oftentimes lose more than we gain by adhering so strongly to them.

    Perhaps you are simply and beautifully Jo...? xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are also my thoughts on naming a path and indeed on needing to be taught how to follow it. But that's a whole nother blog post. It's a-brewing : ) x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I love it when we talk.