OCYL


Y'know when it feels as if talking about something will jinx it? That. And also a little bit of sensible self-protection. Which I am - perhaps foolishly - now ignoring. I've had so much to say but couldn't say any of it. But I'm gonna.

We jokingly refer to it as Operation Change Your Life except it's not a joke. Because. We've gone back and forth with how this news will actually manifest and what that will mean for us, and there have been many hours of soul-searching and decision-making. Teensy bit of arguing (I was wrong, he was right and no you won't often hear me say that).

Then I had a bad day. I got angry or more accurately, supremely pissed off. And it transpires that anger is a really good motivator for me. The fire, it burns bright and fast. I didn't spend any more days/weeks/months/years trying to decide on a solution because in truth I've already put in decades on that work. I did take everything I've ever mused on, written about, journeyed with, hoped for, offered up, buried down, and cried over and bam...I'm jumping.

I'll be taking 12 months to study, and start up an animal therapy business. I'll start with Reiki because I'm already qualified to practise; add in flower remedies, aromatics and maybe eventually some zoopharmacognosy. A bit of our windfall will part-finance this and I'll top it up with animal care and dog-walking. Because good health means physical activity for them and me.

That's a very simple explanation of a fairly intricate plan (which is many years long and has a lot of variables built in) but yes...animals and plants and healing. Operation Change Your Life. It's on.

x





13 comments:

  1. I love your plan, and I wish I could hire you to walk my boy...if only he had fields like that. I'm working on a big plan for us to have a backyard for him, (and me!!), in our doterage. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you could too. Although he'd end up looking quite a lot different to how he looks now : )

      Delete
  2. Wonderful, Jo, I'm so pleased for you! Have you come across Tellington TTouch? I've been thinking about buying a book on it as I'm not up to the courses. Bobby definitely benefits from my amateur massaging. Shame he can't do the same for me :)

    I have been noticing how much time/energy I spend thinking about what I could/would like to do work-wise if my health improved enough. Actually to the point where I've started telling myself I need to let go of that, which feels like a loss but at the same time sensible as each time I go through the thought process I feel excitement and then sadness that it can't be acted on, and then I feel I've wasted energy. I need to work out a middle ground. I know I don't want to go back to my old career, and that writing would not be enough, and I veer between animals and human healing, land, and then, you know, just plain and simple do an admin/cafe job and enjoy my hobbies. So in the meantime, I'll enjoy hearing about your path.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alison, yes I know about TTouch. Sarah Fisher's place at Tilley Farm is not far from here. I looked at a good canine massage course too but that's on the Maybe Later list : )

      If we hadn't had the good fortune to have a little money coming in I would still be trying to work out how to juggle the work/hobby dilemma. Even without your energy challenges it's such a tricky one; especially when you have many interests!

      Delete
  3. Go you, you're public :) This is going to be the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall do my darnedest. #12mhd

      Delete
  4. What a wonderful idea! I wish you all the very best of happiness and success with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This just sounds so...perfect. It's flippin' exciting Jo! I can see you doing this, and there is a need for this, and there will be happy dogs because of you : )

    May I recommend a book I've thoroughly enjoyed and found helpful for my animals? (I'm a qualified flower essence practitioner, but I do it informally at the moment, and mostly work with humans). It's based on Australian Bush Flower essences, (which are bloody marvellous, because Australia has some of the most ancient essences on the planet). But even if just for your interest:

    http://www.bookdepository.com/book/9781844096107?redirected=true&selectCurrency=AUD&w=AF45AU963GMX42A8ZRUP&gclid=CLrIvpiR8MUCFUccvAod7q8AtA

    I'll shut up now. Very happy for you. And may the force be with you. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you : ) And I shall definitely invest in that book. I'm going to do my training with the Bach Centre - geographically it makes sense in all sorts of ways - but I'm really interested in other branches (see what I did there?) too. x

      Delete
  6. well hot diggity DAWG!! <-- see what i did there? ;)

    ab-fecking-fabulous...i'm thrilled to bits for you. truly. this suits you down to the ground! marvelous.

    hells, maybe i'm going to have to get off me arse now....you've gone and inspired me....

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks : ) It is SOOOOOOOO time.xx

      Delete
  7. Woman! GO YOU! This sounds perfect (which I know doesn't mean uphill trudging in spots) and can I say, I LOVE it when you get all feisty! I hope you will include some distance services/consultations? Would love to administer flower essences to favorite pooch and some elderly horses I've fallen in love with. Congrats my friend. You are my shero! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I love it when we talk.